8/17/09

A Couple of Randomses....

1. Apparently, I'm a racist if I agree with anyone who says "I want my country back" in response to all of this crap going on with the Liberals in Washington. This is based on the belief that the "country" being spoken of is that of our forefathers and was based on white supremacy and slavery. Just because there was slavery 200-some odd years ago when the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were created does not consitute racism. It constitutes a desire to lessen the current government involvement in our personal lives.

2. Question: if the ultimate humanitarian goal is to reach Martin Luther King's dream of people being judged by the content of their character and not their skin color, why is there so much hoohah about the "first African-American President" or the "first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice"?


3. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness does not mean the government has to give me a job, pay for my healthcare, pay for my education or provide for my family. Those things are my responsibility and the responsibility of my husband.

4. Claire McCaskill is an idiot.

2 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

If I had a dollar for everytime someone called me a bigot for not liking the president..I could quite my job!

L S. "Spencer" Olsen said...

Please stop capitalizing Liberal. It perpetuates the stereotype that liberals are people.