Seems like a month ago since we got the news about Spence but it's only been a week. With Mom, Dad, Danny and Merilee down there this weekend I feel a little better but I still wish I could be there, too. We've really be counting our blessings this week and have a lot to be grateful for. Since I can't really travel, my contribution to the effort is to ask everyone I meet to pray to whichever deity they believe in on Spence & Roxann's behalf.
Bryan and I were going to go to the temple in St. Louis this weekend, (we figured 3 1/2 hours way wasn't a "long distance") but I've had some issues with my blood pressure and have been put on bed rest with the exception of going to work. On Monday, I went to work with a headache and after about 3 1/2 hours of dealing with and trying to get rid of it, I went down to the health unit and had my BP checked. It was 160/90. Keeping in mind that my non-pregnant BP is usually about 112/76 and normal adult BP is 120/80, I had a problem. So I went to the OB that afternoon and was put on bed rest for 2 days. Let me tell ya, THAT WAS BORING! But I stayed in bed because I knew if I didn't, I might not be able to go back to work. Wednesday my blood pressure was back down but I have to go back to the dr this next Wednesday to be checked again. And right now, the only thing the dr said I can do is go to work; when I come home I'm supposed to do NOTHING, which is pretty much what I've been doing for the last 6 months anyway so I guess I just have to work harder at doing nothing? Bryan has been doing all the laundry for the last 6 months and we've pretty much traded off with the dishes and cleaning the living room. But now it's all him. We've decided that if that's what it takes to make sure I can finish out the IRS season then that's what he'll do. I'm really blessed to have a husband that will go out and work his butt off all day only to come home and work it off some more.
In other news, Bryan is now on the eligibility list for Lee's Summit Fire, has been invited to test for St. Joe Fire (we applied for that one last year and never heard back until now), and has been informed by Central Jackson County Fire that he is still in the running for openings later this year. I'm excited for these opportunities for him that have seemed to come up so suddenly. We truly are being blessed and watched over. He's getting nervous that we're down to 12 weeks until our baby arrives and we haven't done a lot to get ready for her. He's right, we are getting down to the last stretch, but we already have a ton clothes for her--thank you, Sharel and Andrea--and we can always find a drawer for her to sleep in....
2 comments:
I totally forgot. You want the family bassinet? I've had it cause nobody else wanted it. It's yours.
-Merilee
You're welcome for the clothes. We might have more as Maggie gets older.
And I hear babies like sleeping in drawers so :)
Post a Comment