Stupidity and the American Way: I just got back from exercising my right as an American to vote. There was no line--personally I think the "long line" line is a bunch of crap to scare people away. But, I think you should have to pass some type of intelligence test in order to vote. While I was getting my ballot, a 20 year old kid came in and asked one of the election judges who was in charge. She asked him what he needed and he stated that he did not like the police officer "staring" him "down and intimidating people". Um....get a life Obama supporter!!! 1. said Independence police officer was NOT staring anyone down, 2. this polling place was an elementary school and 3. said IPD officer is assigned to that school on a daily basis! All three of the election judge ladies and I told the kid the same thing: he is doing his job as the school resource officer. Seriously, what an idiot!!!! You should have to prove you have the intelligence to make a simple decision before you can vote.
Hanging Chads: I doubt it. At least not where I voted. Instead of punching a little hole in my ballot for each of my choices, the little pencil-thingy put a big ink dot on my choice. That's the first time I've vote that way. I've punched a hole in my ballot, I've touched a computer screen, but I've never done the "stamp the dot" method.
Why Missouri is Awesome: there are polling places everywhere! At least in Independence. Just in our area alone, there are 3 polling places right next to each other. Two churches and an elementary school. Less than half a mile away are two more churches next door to each other that are also polling places. So, it looks like Jackson County has done some awesome planning in preparing for this election. (P.S. Missouri is also awesome because gas is $1.79 today). The races is tied in this state, but I predict that McCain will carry Missouri in electoral votes.
YOUR VOTE COUNTS! Missourians, you have until 7pm central time to get to the polls. Utahns your polls close at 7pm and Tennesseans your polls close at 7 or 8 depending on where you live. I think I've covered the demographic that reads this blog. If I have neglected your state, I humbly apologize. Go vote. Please. If you need a babysitter while you go vote, call me!
Now, I just said, "don't listen to the media" but as the polls on the east coast start to close, I will be glued to the t.v. to see the election outcome. I have spent a lot of time lately listening to Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush and watching numerous cable news networks and I have no doubt that my husband doesn't know who he's sleeping with anymore. I have decided that this election is more like a train wreck--it's horrid, but I can't look away. I actually applaud my husband's political poker face. He can actually walk by a political discussion and keep walking! To me, that's an amazing ability--one that I do not have. I will argue politics till the cows come home and it's not always because I necessarily want to, I just have this bizarre need to argue politics. Maybe that's part of the legacy that my grandmother left me.....
I voted today, did you? Please vote if you haven't already. Your vote really does count!
1 comment:
We voted already but if you want to come down and babysit, that would be AWESOME!!
Post a Comment