11/3/08
Listen Up, Missouri Voters!
Listen up, Missouri voters: tomorrow is election day. But here in Missouri we're not only voting for a new president, we are voting for a new governor as well. And with that, we are voting for a number of other offices. They are as follows: Governor, Lt Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, Attorney General, Jackson County Prosecutor, Jackson County Sheriff, and numerous U.S. Representatives, State Representatives, State Senate and a few propositions. Oh yeah, some Missouri Supreme Court Judges. You can find an 18-page sample ballot at www.indepmo.org if you are so inclined to read through that much. I started to do some "issue" research for candidates and after making it through the gubernatorial candidates and the lt. gubernatorial candidates, made the decision to do a straight party vote. I visited the websites for the different political parties: Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, and Constution. I decided to choose the party that holds views and values similar to my own. You may have your own voting strategy---just please don't to the eenie, meenie, minie, mo thing when you vote. Try to be somewhat intelligent about it. I'm not saying my strategy is the right one, but it will be the one that works for me. And, since I definitely won't be voting democrat tomorrow, I have three other parties to choose from. My point really is this: just vote. I don't care who you vote for (as long as it's not Obama) as long as you vote. There is no such thing as "my vote doesn't count" because it does. Especially in a swing state like Missouri. Here in Missouri, the electoral votes are cast according to the popular vote so your vote definitely counts!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Governor! Did you remember Super-Dell (Dell Schanze) he's running for Gov. That man is certifiable. I posted about it a while back.....sorry sorry individual.
Post a Comment