7/7/08

I Said it Before and I'll Say it Again...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. People with kids who are safety hazards and get the family kicked off the plane need to shut up!!! A woman, her four kids, and her pregnant sister were kicked off a Southwest plane after the kids caused a disruption on their flight from Detroit to Phoenix. Southwest says the kids were getting out of their seats when the seatbelt sign was on and were also disrupting other passengers. Even the kids' mother admits they were "unruly" but blamed it on the excitement of a first time flight. The Southwest flight crew deemed the family unsafe and had them met by police at the Phoenix airport where they were told they would not be allowed to get their connecting flight to Seattle. Southwest basically says that because of the unsafe actions of the kids, it was not a good idea for them to continue flying with their airline. The mother is furious that they were left "stranded". Phoenix airport police made sure they were fed and a motel room was donated to the family until they could make other arrangements to get to Seattle. Two of the woman's children were handicapped; one with autism and one with cerebral palsy. So again, another family is kicked off a plane. I seriously doubt that airlines are kicking families off their planes for the hell of it or because they hate families. Airlines are simply acting on their duty to provide safe accommodations for their passengers. If one of those passengers create an unsafe environment he/she/the family should expect to be "asked to leave" with the aid of airport police. Frankly, I think airlines are sick of the safety problems and are done asking nicely. I, for one, applaud them. I'm getting tired of these whiny people (even the ones that admit there was a problem on their part) crying over being kicked off a plane. Why should an entire airline bend the rules because you and/or your family refuses to follow the rules and behave? GET OVER IT OR GET OFF THE PLANE!!!!

No comments: