7/14/08
High School Renunions
For those of you who were wondering, my 15 year class reunion is this year. August 1st to be exact. Besides the fact that I'm fat and I don't really care that much about seeing old classmates, our reunion is supposed to be at a BAR! Not that I'm against bars but when the invitation says "no children" because the locale is a saloon, I'd rather not attend. I did, however, update my information (as requested by the postcard I received) on www.classreport.org/usa/mo/independence/ths/1993 . I also checked out other class year to see what some people were doing nowadays. I discovered that those who should have been voted "most likely to have been married more than twice before age 30" are in fact "multiple marriers" and those people that we thought were gay back then are in fact gay and living with their gay partners. So, it was a very interesting evening on the internet. I also realized that I really have little desire to meet up with any of these people again. I suppose that might make me a snob, but who cares. Bryan's 15 year reunion was a small affair with about 6 couples and it was very enjoyable and was NOT at a bar. His 20 year reunion this upcoming weekend should also prove enjoyable and is also NOT at a bar. I think I'm going to limit myself to attending one high school reunion every 5 years. Since I'm already attending my husband's reunion, I cannot attend my own next month. I'm looking forward to Bryan's reunion. He graduated from a small class and that makes for a small reunion. Last time was a picnic in a Henefer park and this time is going to be at the high school. I think it will be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hated High School and everyone in it. I will never go to one.
Post a Comment