I just read a news blurb on www.cbsnews.com regarding an effigy of President Obama found hanging in a Georgia town. Now, the whole idea of hanging anyone in effigy is highly inappropriate, but what interested me in this was not that it was done in Jimmy Carter's hometown or that the effigy was of Obama. What I found interesting was this:
"I think there's this notion that we're in a post-racial period in America because of the election of the first African American president," said Dr. Anthony Samad, an associate professor of African American studies. "However, this president has received more death threats than any other president in the history of America."
Oh, wake up people! Last time I looked, there were no longer "white only" and "colored only" signs on restrooms, my workplace is pretty integrated, I haven't seen schools with signs that read "white children only", everyone can sit where they want in a restaurant or the bus, and I could go on and on. America IS in a POST-racial period regardless of the color of the president. Why? Because a majority of Americans could care less about the president's skin color. WE DON'T CARE! Maybe the threats part has stemmed from the fact that he is the WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICA, not the darkest. People used to think Carter was one of the worst and I think that's why some brain surgeon decided to hang an effigy of America's current worst president in Jimmy Peanut's hometown. If it was just a random southern town I might say, "yeah, maybe some white-trash, white-supremacist had too much time on his hands." But this act is clearly about the president's sub-standard policies and bad leadership not his skin color. I personally think Obama is the worst president this nation has had in my lifetime. A lot of people would like to label me a racist for feeling that way. I'm not a racist. I'm an American that is tired of seeing this country being run into the ground by a race-card carrying socialist. Stop playing the race card and wake up to reality. I dare you!
No comments:
Post a Comment