As promised, I am bringing to you the next installment of "Christmas on a Budget". One of the best ideas I found for entertaining was to have a potluck dinner instead of inviting everyone to dinner and doing it all yourself. This kills two birds with one stone as it reduces financial stress as well as emotional stress. Our family is planning a Christmas Eve dinner at my parent's house. Everyone is being given assignments as to what to bring that will go with the ham that Bryan and I picked up on sale a few weeks ago. Mom doesn't have the stress of cooking a huge dinner or having to shop for all the fixin's. Another idea that I ran across for holiday partying was to have an open house style party rather than a sit down dinner. Have a few cookies and crackers set out and let people come and mingle as they please.
Decorating is something that I'm not very talented at doing. This being said, I like "multi-use" items so when I go to an after-Christmas sale, I look for plain red table cloths instead of red and green plaid so that I can use the same table cloth for Valentine's Day, Independence Day and Christmas. I like solid colors so that I can use them for things other than Christmas. Some other ideas that I found on the internet that I am going to try are:
--add a teaspoon of liquid dish soap to acrylic paint before painting winter scenes on windows so that the paint can be removed later
--take a couple pictures off your wall and wrap them with Christmas wrap and rehang them
--wrap a few books like Christmas gifts and place them on your coffee table or bookshelf
--use the front of old Christmas cards as decoration on interior doors with double-stick tape.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment