Because of the recent "accomplishments" of our current president, I started thinking about past presidents and their contributions to the world. So here's the list of the presidents in my generation (1975) and what they are remembered for.
Gerald Ford 1974-77
--never actually elected as president
--fell down a lot
--was apparently enough of an embarassment for Betty Ford to become an alcoholic.
--played brilliantly by Chevy Chase
Jimmy Carter 1977-1981
--brought his own peanuts aboard Air Force One
--united the world with friendship and peanuts
--not really a good president, but is a good guy post-presidency through service as a sunday school teacher in his church and building homes for Habitat for Humanity
Ronald Reagan 1981-1989
--key terms from his presidency: Reaganomics, Star Wars defense program, Iran-Contra Affair
--First Lady Nancy's "just say NO" campaign against drugs
--the phrase "I don't recall"
George H. W. Bush 1989-1993
--Operation Desert Storm
--taught us to "read his lips"
--let us know that "it wouldn't be prudent" for him to eat broccoli
--First Lady Barbara encouraged literacy and education
--played brilliantly by Dana Carvey
Bill Clinton 1993-2001
--made parents all over the country have to sit down with their kids to talk about oral sex and define "sex"
--liked Big Macs
--likes to get it on with ugly chicks: Hilary, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky...
--First Lady Hillary thought she was really the president
George W. Bush 2001-2009
--Operation Iraqui Freedom
--finally got Saddam Hussein
--had "truthful tourette's" and told too much truth which can both be refreshing and terrifying at the same time
--encouraged people to perform random acts of kindness
--his VP shot someone on a hunting trip
--First Lady Laura encouraged literacy and education
Barack Obama 2009-not soon enough
--added over a trillion dollars to the national debt with the swipe of a pen
--First Lady Michelle looks like the offspring of Mr. Ed and Koko the Gorilla
--looks like a sock monkey
--thinks he's the creator of the universe
--led the "America Sucks" world tour in 2009
--hobnobs with people who would like our country and its inhabitants wiped off the face of the earth
**dates courtesy of http://www.whitehouse.gov/
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! That's it..I have been trying to figure out what our monkey of a president looks like..I can't stand to look at him..and I couldn't figure out (other than I hate the fact that he is our leader) why. You nailed it on the head..he looks like a freakin' sock monkey! hahahaha!
I can't take credit for the sock monkey idea. There was a picture of Obama as a sock monkey floating around the internet during the election. But the Mr. Ed + Koko the Gorilla was my idea.
Post a Comment