12/31/08

Response to Danny and Spence

After having 3 bad days and 2 even worse nights, I have crawled into my computer room this morning to catch up on the family news. To my...um...delight? I see that my bro's have engaged in a rousing discussion of Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman (to be fair to both of you).

1. Superman: I never could figure out why the people of Metropolis, let alone the staff of the Daily Planet were so bleepin' dumb. A)A well-built, muscled nerd wants to type newspaper stories for a living and no one thinks that's strange? B)What about the fact that everytime Superman is around, Clark Kent disappears?

2. Batman: A)Ok, if you're so rich, how come you're fighting crime single-handedly and not donating some of that cash to help law enforcement get better? Hmmm? B)Hanging out with adolescent boys in their underwear---that's just creepy.


Neither Batman nor Superman should be titled "The World's Best Superhero". Both of them have personal issues that could keep Dr. Phil busy, both are anti-gun which is too liberal for my blood, as well as the fact that they apparently are into "hug-a-thug-rehabilitation-and-correction" of nasty murderous criminals instead of giving them what they deserve. Granted, if I had a choice, I go with Batman simply because he has to be more creative because he wasn't bestowed with super powers like Superman. But truth be told, I think they're both pajama-wearin' idiots that need to get some education in the field of criminal justice before they can effectively fight crime.

No comments: