I, too would like to start out with a 100% approval rating for our president, but I can't. (See Roxann and Spence's latest blog). If I were to do that, it would have to start at 97%. Why, you ask? I am unable to get past the fact that our president-elect has associated with a domestic terrorist and unpatriotic individuals.
-1% William Ayers. Ok, stop saying "William Ayers, Schwilliam Schayers." We all know the association--beginning with the political party at his home for Obama and ending with arriving at the polls within minutes of Obama himself. It's not so much the association with this known domestic terrorist as it is the "I didn't know" feigned-ignorance of Obama. Just admit your mistake and you might earn this 1% of your approval rating back.
-1% Khalidi and anti-semitism. Again, not so much the fact that he associated with and participated in an anti-semitic gathering but feigned ignorance once again. Admit it and you can earn your 1% back.
-.5% Obama only lost a half point with this one because he actually "removed" himself from Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Now if he'll just admit that he heard those anti-American sentiments from Rev. Wright's pulpit and stop acting like he "had no idea", he might earn his half point back and then some.
-.5% Michelle Obama is not exactly what I would call a patriotic woman. I'm sure she'll learn that she is the first lady of the greatest country in the world and that she must in fact "be proud" of her country all the time. Not just once in a while. Ok, say what you want about me taking something out of context but when the wife of a presidential candidate makes a comment like, "for the first time I am proud of my country" implying that she has not been a proud American all her life, I have to wonder about her real agenda.
So hey, starting out with a 97% approval rating is actually pretty good. But, it does come down because he has appointed Claire McCaskill and we Missourians know that's just cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs crazy.
I am also predicting that Hilary Clinton will be appointed attorney general. That will have to bring the approval rating down a point or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment