Ok, I admit that last week's meatloaf recipe and primary kid photos was just blog filler. If you want more recipes, let me know and I'll make a section. Anyhoo, this week's "essay" is about how I became a little smarter and I will impart some of my useless new knowledge to the masses.
I just finished reading a book about the wives of the U.S. Presidents starting with Martha Washington all the way to Laura Bush. It was quite an interesting read. Not only did it give interesting information about the First Ladies themselves, but little tidbits about their husbands.
So here's the useless facts for the week: Ronald Reagan was married to actress Jane Wyman
from 1940-1949 and then he married actress Nancy Davis in 1952.
Now, here's where you get to use your newfound knowledge. In the movie Back to the Future, Marty tells the 1955 Dr. Brown that Ronald Reagan is president in 1985. A disbelieving Doc supposes that not only is Jerry Lewis vice president but that Jane Wyman would be first lady. Given the fact that in 1955 Ronald Reagan had already been married to Nancy for 3 years, it is unlikely that someone in 1955 would think that Jane Wyman would be with Ronald Reagan in 1985.
1 comment:
Wow! I had to read it twice before it all came together. But I think I am that much smarter for having read this! ;) Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment