4/2/10

The Best News of the Week

For those of you who don't listen to talk radio, I want to share the best thing I've heard all week. A white supremacist in central Missouri is running for senator as a write-in candidate. He purchased air time on KMBZ to air his offensive, racist campaign ads. The radio station contacted the FCC for information on how to NOT air the ads but were told that by law the ads had to be aired. KMBZ has placed disclaimers at the beginning and end of each ad stating that the ad is offensive, not suitable for children and is being played only by law. Even with the disclaimers, the Kansas City Star printed an article that tried to make it sound like KMBZ endorsed this guy. The best part of this is not that people get to hear offensive messages that illustrate what racist is but that the radio station has decided that all the money this guy has paid them for advertising time is going to the local chapter of the NAACP and Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City. Darla Jaye announced on her show the other night that money that is paid to any of the stations owned by KMBZ's owner for this racist, offensive campaign ads will automatically go to those charities.

To Mr. Miller and his candidacy I say this: at no point were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

No comments: