1/21/10

Response to Spence and Other Opinions

1. Spence, I am forbidding you from engaging in any type of political abstinence. Like your wife, my husband smiles and nods at my political rants. That's not because he doesn't have a political opinion, he just would rather do other things. If you were to stop politically philosophizing, you would have to shut down the Word Pit. I'd like to think Grandma would be a little bit proud of us for having political opinions. I realize that she would be even more proud if we were die-hard liberal democrats, but I think the fact that we have taken interest in "the issues" would have been enough for her. Now that I have that out of the way, let me get on to number 2.

2. ABC stands for At Barack's Command. So-called mainstream media is pretty far up the president's butt but not as far as ABC. It seems ridiculous to me that this guy is giving interviews on Good Morning America like George Lucas promoting the latest Star Wars pukebag. I would not be surprised if Obama dreams about having his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He acts less like a leader and more like a celebrity trying to promote his own reality show or something. He really is a legend in his own mind. ABC, well, I think At Barack's Command pretty much sums it up. That's why I don't watch that network. I can't think of any program on ABC that I tune into regularly if at all. An appearance on Good Morning America seems like he's trying to reach as few people as possible and so he's hoping no one really notices what he says. Like I said, it just seems ridiculous.

3. Nothing Obama said this morning (or any other time, for that matter) is believable. He is parroting the "people are angry and frustrated" because he thinks that is what people want to hear, not because he actually believes it himself. He's just trying to say, "hey, I'm one of you so you don't have to decide that you dislike me." He knows his approval ratings are in the sewer, he's too arrogant to realize why so he's parroting what he's heard from the conservative side hoping that it will win him some approval points.

4. Whatever elected Scott Brown WAS NOT the same thing that elected Obama. What elected Obama was cult-like speeches touting a United Utopian States of Utopia, the race card and his teleprompter. After one year in office he is still blaming Bush and Cheney for everything wrong in this world from global warming to Ted Kennedy's brain tumor. Hey, Mr. President, I have an idea: stop spending your time placing blame and spend your time fixing what you said you were going to fix! JUST STOP THE BLAME GAME! NOBODY CARES WHO MADE THE MESS; JUST FIX IT!

5. I may not have paid that much attention or it may not have even happened, but I don't remember a president going into other states to "campaign" for governors, senators, or other political offices. It's uncool. In this case, it makes no sense. The president, whose approval ratings are very low, thinks that he is going to boost a candidate's approval ratings by endorsing her. You can't boost approval like that. It's like trying to clean up poo with poo. The poo situation will not improve.

6. This has nothing to do with anything else I've blogged, but I have to ask. Why does Barney Frank look and sound like he's one sip away from an alcoholic blackout?

No comments: