6/2/09

Just got scary

Yesterday we were at the hospital doing and NST for Korynn and the baby ( to make sure that the baby is ok with Korynn's high blood pressure) when her doctor came in and told us that Korynn was going to be admitted over night because her blood pressure was to high and that she was going to give her steriod shots one after she was in the room and the other one 24 hours later. The shots are for the baby to help develop her lungs so she will be able to breath normal and be healthy enough not to be in the nicu to long. They are also taking her blood pressure to make sure it is down ( and it has stayed down atleast for now).

The doctor came in this morning and was happy that her blood pressure was down but wants to keep her for one more day and has set up an ultra sound and a perinatalogist ( it is a pediatrition for the baby in the womb) to see weither they are going to take the baby early or let her go for another week or more. We are hoping for a few more weeks but it looks like that isn't going to happen. We have been praying that things will turn out for the best. I know I have prayed more about this than I have ever prayed for anything in the past ( I really didn't pray to much before I met Korynn but it helps that you have a strong loving wife like she is) and I feel that things will turn out ok and we will have a healthy baby girl (sooner than we had planned).

1 comment:

Andrea Olsen said...

Keep us updated Bryan. :) Glad that her blood pressure went back down!