2/19/09
Can We PLEASE Stop Playing The Race Card?
Barack Obama is black. We get it. He's also the first black president of the United States. We get it. I am soooo sick of the words "President Obama" being prefaced by some comment about the historical significance of his blackness. Can we please focus on the office of the presidency without painting the Oval Office black? And--for the love of all that is holy STOP COMPARING OBAMA TO ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!! It's really getting old. Obama is nothing like Lincoln. As much as I hate to admit it, Obama is our president. Get over the fact that he's not vanilla white and stop thinking he's the greatest president of the U.S. because he's black. He has yet to demonstrate greatness, in my opinion, but get past the race and look at the man and his actions. What's really more important here? I can see it now: America collapses economically and socially and all anyone anywhere in the world can say is "well, he's part of history. He's the first black president of the United States." Never mind the fact that the stimulus is screwed up, the borders are more unsecure than the fan belt on Bryan's truck and---do you really want me to go on? Obama is the president--who cares what color he is? I care about what his actions are going to do for or to this country. I care about whether or not he upholds the constitution, not his race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*
Amen! I am sooo tired of being told I'm a 'bigot' because I didn't vote for the man. I didn't vote for him because he's not right for the job..not because of the color of his skin!
Post a Comment