11/15/08

Jobs we have had

My job that I (Bryan) have, I get to go to alot of high schools. You see I am a phlebotomist/driver for a local blood service here in Kansas City and no it isn't with the Red Cross (but did work for them in Utah before we moved). While I was at one high school, as a driver assembling the blood bags for use, I was sitting close to the kids waiting to get into the beds to donate blood and they were talking about their jobs and it got me to thinking about my past jobs and how it made me the person I am today. My past jobs are not that many but were good jobs some I liked and some I didn't care as much for. The jobs I had/have are: farmer,firefighter/emt,retail clerk, and driver/phlebotomest. As a farmer on my dad's farm it taught me about hard work. As a Firefighter/EMT taught me about caring for my fellow man and how there is a brotherhood involved and how they take care of there own when someone gets hurt on the job or dies in the line of duty or of old age. As a retail clerk taught me people are sheep and will buy whatever they are told to buy on tv or whatever there kids beg them to buy or just to quiet them up from screaming in the store. As a driver/phlebotomist I have learned that there is people out there that care enough to help out the sick by giving their blood (1 pint to be exact and you loose a pound of weight even for a brief moment) to help with people who need it for surgery,burns, or for any other reason. I also was thinking of what my favorite job was and it is a toss up between being a Firefighter/EMT and being a farmer because they both invole hard work and dedication.

No comments: