8/11/08

The Paces Blast into the 21st Century

I have taken great pride in the fact that we have not paid for cable or internet for the last several years. When I was single, I always had internet access at work and as for cable, well, I was going to school so I didn't have time. Then, at the fire station, internet access and cable were perks to encourage people to hang out at the station. I still had internet access at work and if there was a show we wanted to see on cable, we went to the station. When the station got wireless, Bryan drooled. He was up there almost everyday with his laptop surfing the 'net. When we moved to Independence, one of our neighbors had unsecured wireless (which is perfectly legal) until a few weeks ago. So, we made the decision to invite Comcast into our home. Not only do we now have high-speed internet, but we have about 200 channels and free on-demand movies to keep us occupied. (As if we had nothing else to do). For the first time ever, the Paces have purchased their own part of the digital age.

No comments: